Strategies for Choosing Effective Emotions
Emotional intelligence, also called EQ, is the ability to be aware of and to manage emotions and relationships. It’s a pivotal factor in personal and professional success.
IQ will get you in the door, but it is your EQ, your ability to connect with others and manage your emotions that will determine how successful you are in life.
When we look at truly extraordinary people who inspire and make a difference you will see that they have effective emotions for current situations and connect with people at a personal and emotional level.
What is different about them is not their IQ but their EQ – their emotional intelligence. This one-day workshop will help you develop your emotional intelligence. This workshop also includes applications for helping professionals when dealing with emotions caused by trauma
- Understand what it means to have emotional intelligence
- Assess your emotional intelligence and evaluate areas for development
- Review emotional structure and label specific emotions
Orient and select specific emotions
- Working with other’s emotions
- Reduce anxiety with the Spinning Feelings process
- Develop a follow-up plan of action for practice
- Understand the purpose for an emotion and what it’s telling you
- Recognize when you need to change how you feel and move to a more resourceful emotion
- Choose how you want to feel through adjusting emotional components
- Improve how you deal with emotional situations
- Work through an emotion and change it to something more effective for the situation
- Have more of the emotions you want and less of the emotions you don’t
- Be able to help others with their difficult emotions
- Develop an action plan for adopting emotional flexibility
8 hours (one day format)
We have a number of additional included benefits that participants have access to, making the BTR experience different from others.
We include a pre-recorded video with the Training Agenda to introduce the upcoming training session.
The videos offer a concise overview of the topics to be covered, which helps to create interest in the training and improve attendance.
With the introductory video, you can be sure that your audience is well-informed and excited to attend your training sessions.
The training sessions service also include access to a shared folder containing all the materials covered in the training session.
This folder includes any of the handouts, videos, and slide decks that were used during the training.
These materials help clients to retain what they have learned and to continue to develop their skills after the training is finished.