Facilitating Employee Growth
Performance appraisal is not an event. It is a process. Even the once a year encounter known as the “yearly performance appraisal” actually requires a number of steps.
These events happen in a predictable and sequential fashion and meet several needs; for the Employee a way to define how he or she is doing, for the Manager an opportunity to coach, and for the Organization a way to provide information for employment and compensation decisions.
This course will provide resources and skill building for three areas of performance review: preparing, conducting and following through on the appraisal.
- Define employment law requirements
- Gather perceptions from others on Employee performance
- Review accomplishments and job performance criteria
- Prepare assessment on goals, performance, and training
- Decide priority messages and evidence of achievement
- Deliver positive behavior-based appraisal: step by step
- Demonstrate guidelines for recording and documenting feedback
- Following through on agreements
- Correct undesirable performance using PIP (Performance Improvement Plan)
- Apply discipline without punishment
- Review termination practices
- Recognize performance review requirements and obligations to avoid legal pitfalls
- Prepare accurately and effectively for Performance review responsibilities
- Create an environment where performance evaluation is perceived as a resource by Employees
- Developed increased skill in delivering positive review discussions
- Gain agreement on objectives, standards, performance and development
8 hours (one day format)
We have a number of additional included benefits that participants have access to, making the BTR experience different from others.
We include a pre-recorded video with the Training Agenda to introduce the upcoming training session.
The videos offer a concise overview of the topics to be covered, which helps to create interest in the training and improve attendance.
With the introductory video, you can be sure that your audience is well-informed and excited to attend your training sessions.
The training sessions service also include access to a shared folder containing all the materials covered in the training session.
This folder includes any of the handouts, videos, and slide decks that were used during the training.
These materials help clients to retain what they have learned and to continue to develop their skills after the training is finished.