Presentation Skills with Visuals:
Overcoming Fears and Communicating to Groups
There are people that communicate with confidence, clarity and style and some that struggle with even the thought of speaking in front of a group.
What is the difference that makes a difference between these two different attitudes?
Excellent communicators were not born that way; they follow a step by step process to ensure that they make an impact.
This program is designed to share the processes, strategies and techniques of excellent communicators for a variety of communicating, facilitating and presenting situations.
- Identify differences between excellent & confusing communications
- Creating communication opportunities: Listening, Presenting, Facilitating
- How communication works
- Exploring the three P’s of good communication:
- Practice presenting and facilitating
- Managing Stage Fright
- Reviewing delivery dynamics
- Employing technical elements of communicating: Visuals, PowerPoint, Projectors, Microphones
- Employees and managers learn to give better presentations
- Participants use a consistent framework to effectively develop and present ideas
- Presenters engage with their audience and communicate with more relevance
- Messages are more aligned with audience interests
- Participants create compelling presentations that are well planned and interesting
- Presentations are delivered with more confidence and less stress
- Employees spend fewer hours listening to dead, dull, and boring lectures by PowerPoint
8 to 16 hours (one or two day formats)
We have a number of additional included benefits that participants have access to, making the BTR experience different from others.
We include a pre-recorded video with the Training Agenda to introduce the upcoming training session.
The videos offer a concise overview of the topics to be covered, which helps to create interest in the training and improve attendance.
With the introductory video, you can be sure that your audience is well-informed and excited to attend your training sessions.
The training sessions service also include access to a shared folder containing all the materials covered in the training session.
This folder includes any of the handouts, videos, and slide decks that were used during the training.
These materials help clients to retain what they have learned and to continue to develop their skills after the training is finished.