Fundamentals of Management & Supervision
The transition from star performer to a company manager can be a stressful and confusing change. The skills that led to success in a job role maybe very different from those needed to manage.
New Managers must learn how to win the trust and respect of others, further the organization’s goals and manage their own personal stresses and challenges.
This course provides valuable insight into the challenges and responsibilities that new Managers face based on three themes: Organizational goals, Departmental planning, and skills with Direct Reports.
- Transition from managing yourself to managing others performance
- Determine Organization and department goals using key criteria
- Develop a transition plan with your Manager
- Identify your mission to align the team with productive values
- Define a plan and apply problem solving tools to support departmental goals
- Assess Direct Report knowledge, skills and attitudes using effective interview techniques
- Avoid pitfalls by identifying communication patterns in others
- Identify areas of conflict and potential problems
- Listen and communicate effectively and deliver messages with clarity
- Identify performance gaps and develop training plans
- Know what and how to delegate
- Create a favorable first impression with your staff
- Pinpoint what motivates your direct reports and co-worker
- Effectively track work status, direction and skills
- Delegate the right work to the right person at the right time
- Recognize and identify needs and issues
- Avoid career damaging pitfalls in the critical first few months
- Clarify your supervisor’s expectations and establish good lines of communication
8 to 16 hours (one and two day formats)
We have a number of additional included benefits that participants have access to, making the BTR experience different from others.
We include a pre-recorded video with the Training Agenda to introduce the upcoming training session.
The videos offer a concise overview of the topics to be covered, which helps to create interest in the training and improve attendance.
With the introductory video, you can be sure that your audience is well-informed and excited to attend your training sessions.
The training sessions service also include access to a shared folder containing all the materials covered in the training session.
This folder includes any of the handouts, videos, and slide decks that were used during the training.
These materials help clients to retain what they have learned and to continue to develop their skills after the training is finished.