Interviewing and Hiring
Finding the Right Person For The Job
Although most managers understand the importance of hiring wisely, many do not have an effective model to help them make wise choices.
Of course, there is no foolproof method for knowing exactly how candidates will work out if you hire them, but there are precautionary methods you can use to eliminate those candidates who definitely won’t work out.
Impact Interviewing and Hiring shows you how to focus on candidate performance rather than your own impulses.
This course covers the fundamentals of sound hiring, including proper interviewing and assessment techniques and offers a model that will help you hire the right person every time.
- Define the difference between the best Interviewee and the best person for the job
- Recognize mistakes in hiring by focusing on candidates who can do the job
- Know what you can and cannot ask in an interview
- Compose critical performance objectives for specific jobs
- Probe an applicant’s competency and character with specific interview questions
- Review company policies regarding background checks
- Assess the need for additional testing
Identify the traits and factors needed to evaluate a candidate effectively
- Determine when to discuss key components of the hiring offer
- Avoid legal pitfalls by knowing what to ask and what not to ask during interviews
- Identify critical performance objectives for specific job roles to improve interviewing accuracy
- Immediately determine whether a candidate can do the job through Performance based questions
- Conduct accurate, balanced hiring decisions based on critical performance factors and Character traits
- Develop confidence and competence in your abilities to hire the right people
8 hours (one day format)
We have a number of additional included benefits that participants have access to, making the BTR experience different from others.
We include a pre-recorded video with the Training Agenda to introduce the upcoming training session.
The videos offer a concise overview of the topics to be covered, which helps to create interest in the training and improve attendance.
With the introductory video, you can be sure that your audience is well-informed and excited to attend your training sessions.
The training sessions service also include access to a shared folder containing all the materials covered in the training session.
This folder includes any of the handouts, videos, and slide decks that were used during the training.
These materials help clients to retain what they have learned and to continue to develop their skills after the training is finished.